This course is designed to provide both practical experiences at a supervisory and an introduction to management through both practical experience and intellectual development. This programme is designed for learners who aspire to managerial positions and see the CMI Diploma either as a complement to their degree or as a stand-alone qualification.
Learning outcomes of the course
- Managerial styles and behaviours – This unit is about the skills of effective and efficient managerial style and behaviour.
- Managing stakeholders’ expectations – This unit is about the identification of organisational stakeholders, determining and monitoring their expectations and identifying opportunities to enhance stakeholder provision.
- Understanding organisational culture, values and behaviour – This unit is about understanding organisational culture, organisational and individual values, and their impact on behaviour.
- Personal development as a manager and leader – This unit is about assessing and improving individual management and leadership skills and competencies against objectives.
- Management report writing – This unit is about the skills of writing a management report, developing report objectives, gathering and analysing data and information, and drawing conclusions and making recommendations to meet objectives.
- Being a Leader – This unit is about the skills and knowledge required in the field of staff inspection review.